Any use of this website’s material or content other than for personal use is prohibited. All website content, including trademarks, photos, texts, icons, logos and other material, is the property of Collège Boréal or third parties. Prior authorization must be obtained before using this material or information for public or commercial use.
The information provided in this website may be modified without prior notice. No implied or written guarantee is given.
Where links are provided to other websites for information and convenience, Collège Boréal cannot be held liable for the content, products or services of those sites. Likewise, if the user is directed towards sites where software is available for download, Collège Boréal cannot be held liable for potential problems related to downloading. It is the user’s responsibility to exercise good judgment when accessing external links. Collège Boréal cannot be held liable for information, services or products obtained from external sources.
The availability of Collège Boréal’s website is subject to occasional interruptions due to technical difficulties or circumstances beyond its control. No guarantee of systematic and continuous access is given. Moreover, to the extent allowed by current regulations, Collège Boréal cannot be held liable for any loss – financial loss loss of data, loss of equipment or other – resulting from the use or the inability to use the service; from unauthorized access by an internet user; or from the actions of a third party using the service.
Rules of use for the website
Users are not allowed to violate or to attempt to violate the security of the website, including, but not limited to:
- accessing information not intended for the user or logging into a server or an account without authorization;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security and authentication measures without obtaining proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with services provided to any user, host or network, including, but not limited to, transmitting a virus to the website, overloading, flooding, email bombing or crashing;
- sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- producing or obtaining the production of a TCP/IP packet header or any part of the information contained in an email or discussion group header.
Any violation of the system or network may result in civil or criminal liability.
Use of internet, email or phone system
Boréal Guide 2014-2015 – Student Guide page 54
This directive applies to:
- All full-time or part-time students at Collège Boréal, regardless of the program or activity in which they are registered;
- All campuses and locations of Collège Boréal, as well as any premises considered as extensions of the campus in which Collège Boréal exercises authority or organizes activities.
Collège Boréal considers its internet, email and phone system as tools for research, communication and learning. These tools provide significant support to students in their studies and to staff members in the performance of their duties. Access to Collège Boréal’s internet, email or phone system is strictly limited to educational purposes.
Collège Boréal will not tolerate any form of abuse of the privilege of access to these services and any illicit use of its internet, email or phone system. Access to the college’s internet, email or phone systems is a privilege that may be revoked due to unacceptable conduct. Unacceptable conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Transmitting illicit information;
- Distributing or downloading pornographic material or hate literature;
- Vulgar or insulting language;
- Inciting violence;
- Interventions causing harm to others;
- Bullying or harassment;
- Interference with the proper functioning of communications;
- Excessive chatting;
- Large-scale distribution of material via social media such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Any other behaviour which is disrespectful of the rights of others or contrary to Collège Boréal’s rules of conduct.
Collège Boréal will not be liable for any use of internet and/or other social media (such as Facebook and Twitter) that is unrelated to educational purposes.
All rights reserved. Copyright © Collège Boréal